SPIP 3.1.2 Exec Code Cross-Site Request Forgery (CVE-2016-7980)
SPIP is a publishing system for the Internet, which put importance on collaborative working, multilingual environments and ease of use. It is free software, distributed under the GNU/GPL licence.
The vulnerable request to
valider_xml (see: SPIP 3.1.2 Template Compiler/Composer PHP Code Execution - CVE-2016-7998) is vulnerable to Cross-Site Request Forgery, allowing the execution of the CVE-2016-7998 attack by tricking an administrator to open the malicious link.
Access Vector: remote
Security Risk: high
CVSS Base Score: 8.3 (High)
Proof of Concept
- 15/09/2016 : Initial discovery
- 26/09/2016 : Contact with SPIP Team
- 27/09/2016 : Answer from SPIP Team, sent advisory details
- 28/09/2016 : Fixes issued for CSRF
- 30/09/2016 : SPIP 3.1.3 Released
- Version <= 3.1.2
- Nicolas CHATELAIN, Sysdream (n.chatelain -at- sysdream -dot- com)